Baked Salt Silverside Recipe
Baked Salt Silverside Recipes
For the brine :
bunch of parsley
- Put all the brine ingredients into
the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Boil for about 20 minutes.
- Strain into the bowl in which you
will marinate the beef.
- When the brine is cold, wash the
beef and put it into the brine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 5 to 7
- Remove the beef from the brine and
soak it in fresh water for a few hours.
- Put the beef into deep casserole
dish, not much bigger than the beef.
- Add the onion, carrots, orange,
bay leaves, parsley and spices.
- Add water to cover the beef.
- Bring water to the boil on top of
- Put the lid on and place in a
preheated oven (180C/350F/Gas 4) for 3 hours or until the beef is
- Eat hot or, if you want to eat in
cold, place it in a bowl with a weight on top to compress the meat
and make it easier to carve.
Salt the beef yourself for a change and
taste the difference ! Marinate it in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. A
good butcher will usually give you some saltpetre.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Beef Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |