Beef Pie Recipe
Beef Pie Recipes
1 x 200g
can chopped tomatoes
chopped fresh parsley
prepared short crust pastry
cress, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F, Gas 5.
- Slice the sausages and add to the
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes,
stock, fresh parsley, ketchup and sugar.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring
- Roll out half of the pastry onto a
lightly floured surface to line a round pie dish.
- Spoon in the filling and trim the
- Brush with egg.
- Roll out the remaining pastry for
- Cut out two eye and a mouth and
place on top of the pie.
- Knock up the edges and seal.
- Brush with beaten egg and cook for
30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the pie from the oven and
arrange the cress around the top of the pie for the "hair".
- Serve immediately with freshly
Variation - This mixture can also be
used as the filling for a more adult oriented cottage pie. Just top with
mashed potato, sprinkle with grated cheese and cook as before.
This is a really fun packed meal for
the kids. A happy face with cress hair will encourage any child to eat a
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Beef Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |