Steamed Melon Soup Recipe
Steamed Melon Soup Recipes
Chinese winter melon
chicken meat, diced
Chinese mushrooms, diced
piece ginger, sliced
- Slice off 2.5 cm from the top of
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the
soft center of the melon, so you get a bowl shaped melon.
- The top of the melon bowl could be
- Place the melon bowl in a large
pan of boiling water.
- The water should cover the melon
- Cover and cook over low heat for
- Remove the melon and place it in a
basin of cold water.
- Drain well and stand the melon in
a heatproof bowl.
- Soak the lotus seeds in cold water
overnight to soften.
- Boil for 30 minutes until tender.
- Leave in cold water to cool, then
peel off the skin and push out the shoot from the top.
- Place the chicken meat, Chinese
mushrooms, button mushrooms, lotus seeds and ginger in the melon and
add enough stock to fill slightly more than 3/4 of the melon.
- Add salt and steam the melon for 11/2
- Serve hot as it is.
Serves 4 - 6
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Chinese Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |