Baked Salmon with Creamy Hollandaise Recipe
Baked Salmon with Creamy Hollandaise Recipes
whole salmon, cleaned, gutted and scaled
spring onions, roughly chopped
lemon, thinly sliced
sprigs fresh dill oil, to brush
dry white wine
lemon juice or vinegar
- Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C
(350°F/ Gas 4).
- Gently rinse the salmon well under
cold running water and pat dry inside and out with paper towels.
- Stuff the salmon cavity with the
spring onion, lemon, peppercorns and dill, spreading each stuffing
evenly inside the cavity.
- Brush a large, double-layered
piece of foil with oil and lay the salmon on the foil.
- Sprinkle with the white wine and
arrange the bay leaves over the top.
- Fold the foil over and wrap the
salmon tightly, ensuring that it is totally covered.
- Place the salmon in a shallow
baking fish in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave the
salmon in the oven for 45 minutes with the door close.
- Undo the foil and carefully remove
the skin on the top side of the salmon.
- Carefully flip the salmon onto the
serving plate and peel away the skin frmo the other side.
- Pull out the fins and any visible
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make the hollandaise, melt the
butter in a saucepan, skim any froth from the surface of the butter
and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix the yolks with 2 tbsp water
and whisk for 30 seconds, or until the mixture is pale and foamy.
- Place in a small saucepan over
very low heat and whisk for about 2-3 minutes, or until the egg
mixture is thick and the whisk leaves a trail - do not let the pan
get too hot or the yolks will scramble.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the cooled butter, a little at
a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Do not use the milky butter whey
left at the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the lemon juice or vinegar
and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately with the baked
143mg; 805kJ (190cal)
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |