Blue Cheese and Onion Flan Recipe
Blue Cheese and Onion Flan Recipes
red onions, thinly sliced
soft brown sugar
cold butter, cubed
blue cheese, crumbled
chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a
heavy-based frying pan over low heat.
- Cook the onion and sugar,
stirring, for 45 minutes, or until the onion is caramelized.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter with your
fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and add
3-4 tbsp cold water.
- Mix with a flat-bladed knife,
using a cutting action until the mixture gathers in beads.
- Gently press together and lift
onto a lightly floured surface.
- Shape into a ball, wrap in plastic
wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to moderate 180C
(350F/ Gas 4).
- Lightly grease a 22cm loose-based
- Roll out the pastry on a floured
surface, and invert over the tin.
- Press in with a small ball of
pastry, trim and chill for 10 minutes.
- Line the pastry with baking paper
and fill with baking beads.
- Bake the case on a tray for 10
- Remove the beads and paper, and
bake for 10 minutes, or until pale gold and dry.
- Cool, then spread the onion over
the pastry base.
- Whisk the cream, eggs, cheese,
thyme and some pepper, pour over the onion and bake for 35 minutes,
or until firm.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |