Blue Cheese and Onion Flan Recipe
Blue Cheese and Onion Flan Recipes
red onions, thinly sliced
soft brown sugar
cold butter, cubed
blue cheese, crumbled
chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a
heavy-based frying pan over low heat.
- Cook the onion and sugar,
stirring, for 45 minutes, or until the onion is caramelized.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter with your
fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and add
3-4 tbsp cold water.
- Mix with a flat-bladed knife,
using a cutting action until the mixture gathers in beads.
- Gently press together and lift
onto a lightly floured surface.
- Shape into a ball, wrap in plastic
wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to moderate 180C
(350F/ Gas 4).
- Lightly grease a 22cm loose-based
- Roll out the pastry on a floured
surface, and invert over the tin.
- Press in with a small ball of
pastry, trim and chill for 10 minutes.
- Line the pastry with baking paper
and fill with baking beads.
- Bake the case on a tray for 10
- Remove the beads and paper, and
bake for 10 minutes, or until pale gold and dry.
- Cool, then spread the onion over
the pastry base.
- Whisk the cream, eggs, cheese,
thyme and some pepper, pour over the onion and bake for 35 minutes,
or until firm.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |