Caramelized Carrots and Button Onions Recipe
Caramelized Carrots and Button Onions Recipes
carrots, trimmed, scraped and cut into thin rings
button onions, peeled
freshly ground black pepper
- Put the sliced carrots and peeled
onions in a saucepan, cover with salted water and bring to the boil
over a high heat.
- Boil for 1 minute, then drain.
- Return the vegetables to the pan,
add the butter, chicken stock and sugar and bring to the boil over a
moderate heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cover the pan and simmer over a
low heat for about 10 minutes until the vegetables have absorbed all
the liquid and are glossy and dry.
- Season with salt and pepper to
taste and transfer to a warm serving dish.
- Cover with foil and keep warm
until ready to serve.
The flavor of the vegetables is
enhanced by this cooking method.
Serves 4 - 6
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |