Christmas Pudding Recipes
Christmas Pudding Recipe
freshly grated nutmeg
grated hard white fat
to eat dried apricots
chopped mixed peel
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
grated rind of 1 small orange
- Sift the flour, salt and spices into a
- Add the fat, apple and other dry
ingredients, including the grated lemon rind.
- Spoon the mixture into 2 individual
1.2 liter basins.
- Over wrap the puddings with
greaseproof paper, pleated to allow for expansion, and tie in place with
- Steam the puddings in a steamer or
saucepan of boiling water for 10 hours.
- Remove, cool and store, covered with
fresh greaseproof paper and cloths.
- On Christmas day, boil the pudding for
- To make the brandy butter, whisk the
butter, sugar and orange rind together until soft and fluffy.
- Whisk in the brandy, then chill.
- Serve the Christmas puddings piping
hot, decorated with sprigs of holly and accompanied by the chilled
The classic Christmas dessert. Wrap it
in muslin and store it in an airtight container for up to a year for the
flavors to develop.
Serves 4 - 6
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |