Christmas Salad Recipe
Christmas Salad Recipes
and green lettuce leaves
1 large or
2 small avocados, peeled, stoned and cubed
freshly ground black pepper
Caramelized Orange Peel
- To make the caramelized peel,
using a vegetable peeler, remove the rind from the oranges in thin
strips and reserve the fruit.
- Scrape away the white pith from
the underside of the rind with a sharp knife, and then cut the rind
into fine shreds.
- Put the sugar and water in a small
pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Then add the shreds of orange rind
and boil for 5 minutes until the rind is tender.
- Using two forks, remove the orange
rind from the syrup and spread it out on a wire rack to dry.
- This can be done the day before.
- Reserve the syrup to add to the
- Tear the lettuce into bite size
- Peel the grapefruit and remove the
pith from them and the oranges.
- Holding the fruit over a bowl to
catch any juice, cut them into segments, removing all the pith.
- Put all the dressing ingredients
into a screw top jar and shake vigorously.
- Add the reserved orange flavored
syrup and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Arrange all the salad ingredients
on individual plates, spoon over the dressing and scatter on the
caramelized orange peel.
Prepare this light first course ahead
and assemble just before serving.
Serves 4 - 6
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |