Glazed Ham Recipe
Glazed Ham Recipes
leg ham cloves, to garnish glaze of your
- Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C
(350°F/ Gas 4).
- Using a very sharp knife, cut
through the rind 6cm from the shank end of the ham.
- To remove the rind, run a thumb
around the edge, under the rind, and carefully pull it back.
- Cut away and discard some of the
excess fat from the ham.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully
score the fat with evenly spaced cuts crossways and then diagonally
to form a diamond pattern.
- Do not cut all the way through the
fat to the ham below, or the fat will fall off during cooking.
- Press a clove into the centre of
each scored diamond then carefully spread your preferred glaze over
the ham with a palette knife or the back of a spoon.
- Place the ham on a rack in a
large, deep roasting tin.
- Add 2 cups water to the tin, cover
the ham and tin securely with foil, and cook in the oven for 45
- Remove the ham from the oven and
take off the foil.
- Increase the temperature to hot
210°C (415°F/ Gas 6-7).
- Return the ham to the oven and
bake for a further 20 minutes, or until the surface of the ham is
- Allow the ham to rest for 15
minutes before carving.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |