Honey Roast Ham Recipe
Honey Roast Ham Recipes
2 kg boned
quartered and stuck with cloves
piece of fresh ginger
- Weigh the ham and calculate the
cooking time, allowing 20 minutes per 450g, plus 20 minutes extra.
- Place the meat in a large saucepan
and cover it carefully with cold water.
- Bring to the boil, then pour off
- Rinse the pan and replace the
- Cover it with cold water and add
the onion and remaining flavoring flavoring ingredients to taste.
- Bring the water slowly to the
boil, cover the pan and leave to simmer for the calculated cooking
time less 15 minutes.
- If cooking a 2kg ham this would be
1 hour 35 minutes.
- Remove the ham joint from the pan
and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut off the rind and score the fat
in a diamond pattern.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas 4.
- For the glaze, press the cloves
into the fat of the ham at intervals.
- Mix together the honey and
wholegrain mustard and spread the mixture over the fat.
- Wrap the ham in foil, leaving only
the glazed area uncovered.
- Place the ham, glazed side up, in
a roasting tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
A roast gammon joint can be a succulent
addition to the Christmas table.
Cooking Tip - The process described in
step 1-3 is for drawing off some of the salt used in curing the meat. If
time permits, the joint can be soaked in cold water overnight instead.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |