Honey Roast Ham Recipe
Honey Roast Ham Recipes
2 kg boned
quartered and stuck with cloves
piece of fresh ginger
- Weigh the ham and calculate the
cooking time, allowing 20 minutes per 450g, plus 20 minutes extra.
- Place the meat in a large saucepan
and cover it carefully with cold water.
- Bring to the boil, then pour off
- Rinse the pan and replace the
- Cover it with cold water and add
the onion and remaining flavoring flavoring ingredients to taste.
- Bring the water slowly to the
boil, cover the pan and leave to simmer for the calculated cooking
time less 15 minutes.
- If cooking a 2kg ham this would be
1 hour 35 minutes.
- Remove the ham joint from the pan
and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut off the rind and score the fat
in a diamond pattern.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas 4.
- For the glaze, press the cloves
into the fat of the ham at intervals.
- Mix together the honey and
wholegrain mustard and spread the mixture over the fat.
- Wrap the ham in foil, leaving only
the glazed area uncovered.
- Place the ham, glazed side up, in
a roasting tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
A roast gammon joint can be a succulent
addition to the Christmas table.
Cooking Tip - The process described in
step 1-3 is for drawing off some of the salt used in curing the meat. If
time permits, the joint can be soaked in cold water overnight instead.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |