Layered Salmon Terrine Recipe
Layered Salmon Terrine Recipes
fresh haddock and salmon fillet, boned and skinned
smoked salmon or trout, cut into strips
freshly ground black pepper
slices and sprigs of fresh parsley, to garnish
- Heat the milk and butter in a pan
until the milk is boiling.
- Draw the pan aside and beat in the
flour until a thick, smooth paste forms.
- Season, turn out on to a plate and
leave to cool.
- Process the haddock in a food
processor until smooth.
- Put it into a bowl.
- Process the salmon in the same way
and put into a separate bowl.
- Add an egg and half the cream to
- Beat half the milk and flour paste
into each mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, Gas 4.
- Butter a 900g loaf tin and line
with greaseproof paper.
- Lay strips of smoked salmon or
trout diagonally over the base and up the sides.
- Spoon the haddock mixture into the
tin and level the surface.
- Cover with the salmon mixture and
fold over the smoked fish strips.
- Cover the tin with buttered
greaseproof paper and then foil.
- Place in a roasting tin and pour
round enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the tin.
- Cook the terrine for 40 minutes or
- Remove from the oven and stand for
- Turn the terrine out on to a
serving plate and serve warm or cold with the garnishes.
This elegant fish mousse if prefect for
a buffet or first course.
Serves 4 - 6
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |