Pork with Apple and Prune Stuffing Recipe
Pork with Apple and Prune Stuffing Recipes
green apple, chopped
pitted prunes, chopped
chopped fresh parsley
piece boned pork loin olive oil, to rub on
- Preheat the oven to very hot
240°C (475°F/ Gas 9).
- To make the stuffing, combine the
apple, prunes, port and parsley.
- Lay the pork loin on a board with
the rind underneath.
- Spread the stuffing over the meat
side of the loin, roll up and secure with skewers or string at
- If some of the filling falls out
while tying, carefully push it back in.
- Score the pork rind with a sharp
knife at 1cm intervals and rub generously with oil and salt.
- Place on a rack in a baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce
the heat to moderate 180°C (350°F/ Gas 4) and continue to bake for
90-120 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through.
- The juices will run clear when a
skewer is inserted in the thickest part of the meat.
- Cover and leave for 15 minutes
before removing the skewers or string and carving.
- Serve with Champagne apple sauce
or gravy with wine.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |