Potato Dauphinoise Recipe
Potato Dauphinoise Recipes
freshly grated nutmeg
1 bay leaf
2 or 3
garlic cloves, very finely chopped
crème fraîche or whipping cream, optional
freshly ground black pepper
- Put the sliced potatoes in a large
saucepan and pour over the milk, adding more to cover if needed.
- Add salt and pepper, the freshly
grated nutmeg and bay leaf.
- Bring the milk slowly to the boil
over a medium heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until the
potatoes just start to soften, but are not completely cooked, and
the milk has thickened.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas 4.
- Generously butter a 35cm oval
gratin dish or 2 liter shallow baking dish and sprinkle the garlic
over the base.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer
the potatoes to the gratin or baking dish.
- Taste the milk and adjust the
seasoning, then pour over enough milk to come just to the surface of
the potatoes, but not cover them.
- Spoon a thin layer of crème
fraîche or cream over the top, or if you prefer, add more of the
thickened milk to cover.
- Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour
until the milk is absorbed and the top is a deep golden brown.
Cooked in the oven, these are an
excellent alternative to roast potatoes and are delicious with most main
course meat or vegetarian dishes.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |