Roast Goose With Caramelized Apples Recipe
Roast Goose With Caramelized Apples Recipes
goose, with giblets
juice of 1
freshly ground black pepper
prunes, soaked overnight in 150ml port
cooking apples, peeled, cored and cubed
grated rind of 1 orange
chopped pecans or walnuts
dessert apples, peeled and cored
- Stone and chop the prunes,
reserving the port.
- Mix with the remaining stuffing
ingredients and season.
- Add half the reserved port.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, Gas 6.
- Fill the neck end and cavity of
the goose with the prepared stuffing.
- Weigh the bird and calculate the
cooking time required: allow 15 minutes per 450g.
- Put the bird on a rack in a
roasting tin and rub the skin with salt.
- Prick the skin all over to help
the fat run out.
- Roast the goose for 30 minutes,
then reduce the heat to 180C, Gas 4 and continue to roast for the
remaining cooking time.
- Baste with a little cold water
over the breast during cooking to crisp the skin.
- To make the caramelized apples,
melt the butter, redcurrant jelly and red wine vinegar in an
ovenproof dish in the oven.
- Put in the prepared apples in a
single layer and cook for 15-20 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Lift the goose on to a serving
dish and let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- Pour off the excess fat from the
tin, leaving any sediment.
- Add the flour, cook until golden
brown and add the stock.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the remaining reserved port,
orange juice and seasoning.
- Simmer the gravy for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain into a gravy boat.
- Surround the goose with the
caramelized apples and spoon over the redcurrant glaze.
Choose a young goose with a pliable
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |