Roast Pheasant with Port Recipe
Roast Pheasant with Port Recipes
ready hen pheasants, about 675g each
oil, for brushing
unsalted butter, softened
or chicken stock
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230C, Gas 8.
- Line a roasting tin with a sheet
of foil large enough to enclose the pheasants.
- Brush the foil with oil.
- Using your fingertips, carefully
loosen the skin of the pheasants' breasts.
- Spread the butter between the skin
and breast meal.
- Tie the legs with string, then lay
the thyme and a bay leaf over each breast.
- Lay the bacon over the herbs on
the breasts, place the birds in the tin and season with freshly
ground black pepper.
- Bring together the long ends of
the foil, fold over securely to enclose, then seal the ends.
- Roast the pheasants for 20
minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 190C, Gas 5 and cook
for a further 40 minutes.
- Uncover the birds and roast for
10-15 minutes more or until they are browned and cooked through.
- Transfer to a board and leave to
stand, covered, for 10 minutes before carving.
- Pour the juices from the foil into
the tin and skim off any fat.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring,
- Add the stock and redcurrant jelly
and bring to the boil.
- Simmer the gravy until thickened,
then stir in the port.
- Season to taste, strain and serve
with the pheasants.
This recipe is best for very young
pheasants, particularly hen birds.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |