Roast Pheasant with Port Recipe
Roast Pheasant with Port Recipes
ready hen pheasants, about 675g each
oil, for brushing
unsalted butter, softened
or chicken stock
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230C, Gas 8.
- Line a roasting tin with a sheet
of foil large enough to enclose the pheasants.
- Brush the foil with oil.
- Using your fingertips, carefully
loosen the skin of the pheasants' breasts.
- Spread the butter between the skin
and breast meal.
- Tie the legs with string, then lay
the thyme and a bay leaf over each breast.
- Lay the bacon over the herbs on
the breasts, place the birds in the tin and season with freshly
ground black pepper.
- Bring together the long ends of
the foil, fold over securely to enclose, then seal the ends.
- Roast the pheasants for 20
minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 190C, Gas 5 and cook
for a further 40 minutes.
- Uncover the birds and roast for
10-15 minutes more or until they are browned and cooked through.
- Transfer to a board and leave to
stand, covered, for 10 minutes before carving.
- Pour the juices from the foil into
the tin and skim off any fat.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring,
- Add the stock and redcurrant jelly
and bring to the boil.
- Simmer the gravy until thickened,
then stir in the port.
- Season to taste, strain and serve
with the pheasants.
This recipe is best for very young
pheasants, particularly hen birds.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |