Roast Potatoes Recipe
Roast Potatoes Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 200C, Gas 6.
- Peel the potatoes and, if large,
cut them in half.
- Parboil the potatoes for 10
- Lightly score the surface of each
of the potatoes with a fork.
- Roll them in the flour and tap
them gently to remove any excess.
- Heat 5mm olive oil in a shallow
roasting tin until smoking hot.
- Put the potatoes in the hot oil
and baste to coat them in oil.
- Roast for about an hour.
- Baste and turn the potatoes twice
- Drain on kitchen paper to remove
excess oil and sprinkle with salt before serving.
Floury potatoes make the best crisp
roast potatoes. Garlic or rosemary can be added to the oil, to flavor
the potatoes during cooking.
Cooking Tip - It is a good idea to
roast the potatoes in a roasting tin fitted with a draining tray. This
keeps them out of the oil but enables basting from the tin below.
Serves 4 - 6
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |