Roquefort and Cucumber Mousse Recipe
Roquefort and Cucumber Mousse Recipes
medium or low fat soft cheese
fraîche or soured cream
cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthways and cut into 2.5cm pieces
red and green grapes and mint leaves, to garnish
- Sprinkle the powdered gelatine
over the cold water in a small heatproof bowl.
- Leave to soften for about 2
minutes, then place the bowl in a shallow pan of simmering water.
- Heat the mixture until the
gelatine is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- In a food processor, process the
cheeses and the crème fraîche or soured cream until smooth.
- Add the dissolved gelatine and
process to blend.
- Add the pieces of cucumber and
pulse to chop finely without completely reducing it to a purée.
- Season with cayenne or white
- Rinse a 1.5 liter dish or mould
with cold water.
- Spoon in the mixture and tap
gently to remove any air bubbles.
- Chill for 4-6 hours or overnight
until well set.
- To turn out, run a knife around
the edge of the dish or mould and dip in hot water for 10-15
- Place a large plate over the top
of the dish and invert both together, shaking firmly to release the
- Garnish with grapes and mint
The robust flavor of blue cheese is
partnered with cool cucumber in this creamy starter dish which is easily
prepared ahead of time.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |