chopped mixed peel
cherries, rinsed, dried and quartered
strong white bread flour
3 cardamom pods, crushed
easy-blend dried yeast
rind of 1 lemon
melted butter, for brushing
icing sugar, to dusting
- Soak the dried and candied fruit it
- Heat the butter, milk and caster sugar
in a pan until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted.
- Cool until hand hot.
- Sift the flour, salt, nutmeg and
cinnamon into a bowl and add the cardamom and yeast.
- Make a well and stir in the milk
mixture, lemon rind and egg.
- Beat to form a soft dough.
- Turn on to a floured surface.
- With floured hands, knead the dough
for about 5 minutes.
- Knead in the soaked fruit and almonds.
- Return the dough to the clean, oiled
bowl, cover with clear film and leave in a warm place for up to 3 hours
until doubled in bulk.
- Knead the dough for 1-2 minutes on a
floured surface, then roll out to a 25cm square.
- Roll the marzipan to a slightly
shorter sausage shape and place in the center.
- Fold over both sides of the dough to
cover the marzipan.
- Seal the ends.
- Place the roll, seam side down, on a
greased baking sheet.
- Cover with oiled clear firm and leave in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat the oven to 375F, Gas 5.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped underneath.
- Brush the hot stollen with melted butter and dredge with icing sugar.
An Austrian spiced fruit bread with a marzipan filling served at Christmas.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |