Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage Recipe
Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage Recipes
cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
rindless streaky bacon, optional
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas 4.
- Shred the cabbage finely,
discarding the hard core.
- Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof
- Cook the onions over a gentle heat
for 2 minutes.
- Stir the cabbage, apples, vinegar,
sugar and seasoning into the casserole.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour, or
until very tender.
- Stir again halfway through
- Chop the bacon, if using and fry
it gently in a pan until crisp.
- Stir it into the cabbage just
The cabbage can be cooked the day
before and reheated for serving. It is a good accompaniment to goose,
pork or strong flavored game dishes.
Cooking Tip - The cabbage can be
shredded in a food processor.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |