Vegetable Gougère Recipe
Vegetable Gougère Recipes
English mustard powder
Cheddar or Gruyère cheese, cubed
grated Parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper
chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
courgettes, sliced thickly
- Preheat the oven to 200C, Gas 6.
- To make the choux pastry, melt the
butter in a pan, add the water and bring to the boil.
- As soon as the liquid is boiling,
draw the pan off the heat and beat in the flour all at once, until a
smooth paste is formed.
- Turn the mixture into a large bowl
and allow to cool slightly.
- With an electric whisk, beat the
eggs gradually into the paste until the mixture is glossy but firm.
- Season with salt, pepper and
- Fold in the cheese.
- Ser aside.
- To make the filling, melt the
butter in a pan and cook the onion gently until soft.
- Add the garlic and sliced
mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and the tomatoes
and their juice.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, to
- Season with salt, freshly ground
black pepper and sugar to taste.
- Add the courgette slices.
- Butter a 1.2 liter ovenproof dish.
- Spoon the pastry in rough mounds
around the sides and turn the filling into the center.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and
toasted breadcrumbs on top of the vegetable filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the
pastry is well risen and golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley
and serve hot.
An unusual vegetarian dish that is
attractive and appetizing to serve as part of a celebratory Christmas
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Christmas Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |