Essentially good management of diabetes
(diabetic) focuses on three major approaches:
- Diet (Recipes)
- Diet and diabetes tablets
- Diet and insulin injections
- Regular exercise makes an important difference to all people with
diabetes and to your sense of well-being and general health.
Exactly which approach is most beneficial for you will depend on what
type of diabetes (diabetic) you have, your weight, age and your blood
There are two other important guidelines which will keep your fit and in
- Regular monitoring of your blood or urine glucose levels helps you get
to know your body and how it is coping with diabetes. It shows you the
effect food, exercise and medication have on your blood glucose level (BGL),
and helps your adjust them as necessary.
- Regular visit to your doctor, dietitian and/ or diabetes educator -
your partners in ongoing health care.
What can diet do for diabetes (diabetic) ?
Food (Recipes) is important in keeping healthy, whether we have diabetes
or not. However, most people don't pay enough attention to their basic
nutritional needs. Diabetes highlights the importance of a well-balanced
If you have diabetes, there are three important benefits to be had from
a nutritionally sound diet:
- Firstly, it helps you achieve and maintain good control of your blood
- Secondly, it helps you regulate your body weight.
- Thirdly, it helps prevent or delay the onset of any of the long-term
problems linked with diabetes.