Chicken Pie Recipe
Chicken Pie Recipes
Crust Pastry :
meat, cut into large cubes
boiled eggs, quartered
mixed with a little water to form a paste
butter or margarine
- In a bowl sieve the flour and salt together.
- Add butter and cut into little cubes.
- Then rub in butter lightly.
- Mix in a little cold water at a time to form a pliable dough.
- Knead lightly and leave to rest in the refrigerator for a few
- Heat a pan with oil and fry the chicken, carrot and potatoes for
a few minutes.
- Then add salt and pepper to taste and cornflour mixture.
- Leave to cook on low heat until chicken and vegetables are
- Then add in the green peas, stir fry and dish out.
- Leave to cool.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured board.
- Grease a 20 cm round pie dish and place cooled chicken filling
- Arrange quartered boiled eggs on top and then cover with pastry.
- Trim pastry edges and flute with a fork.
- Prick two holes in the center of the pastry.
- Bake in moderate oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until pastry is
- Remove from oven and cool slightly, before serving.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Eurasian Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |