Fish Moolie Cooking Recipe
Fish Moolie Cooking
galangal (substitute ginger if unavailable)
or 8 brazil nuts
turmeric (or 1/2 tsp powdered turmeric)
onions, sliced coarsely
ginger, cut into thin strips
milk (from 3/4 grated coconut, extract 1 cup thick milk and 2 cups thin
sugar and salt to taste
- Grind the lemon grass, galangal, candlenuts and turmeric
together into a fine paste.
- Shallow fry the fish slices until golden brown.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the saucepan with oil and fry the onion and ginger until
- Add the ground ingredients and fry until cooked.
- Pour in the 2 cups of thin coconut milk and leave to simmer
until the gravy boils over.
- Add in the fish and the thick coconut milk, vinegar, sugar and
- Cook for a few minutes and thicken the gravy with a little
corn flour mixed to fine paste with water.
- Turn down the heat and cook until the gravy thickens further.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve as a main dish garnished with fried onion rings, fried
garlic, sliced ginger and sliced chilies.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Eurasian Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |