Salmon and Hazelnut Mousse Bowls Recipe
Salmon and Hazelnut Mousse Bowls Recipes
1 can red salmon
1 tbsp thick mayonnaise
1 tsp prepared mustard
1 egg, separated
1 envelope gelatine
1/4 pt cold water
3 tbsp port
1 tsp onion salt
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/4 pt double cream
6 tsp thick mayonnaise
1 oz hazelnuts, finely chopped
6 lemon wedges
3 large black grapes, halved and de-seeded
- Tip salmon and liquid into a
- Remove bones and any dark skin
then finely mash flesh.
- Beat in mayonnaise, mustard and
- Alternatively, work these
ingredients smoothly together in blender of food processor.
- Soften gelatine in cold water for
5 minutes then melt gently over low heat in small pan.
- Stir in port then blend smoothly
with salmon mixture.
- Season with onion salt, ordinary
salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave in the cool until just
beginning to thicken and set.
- Beat egg whites to a stiff snow
with lemon juice, whip cream until thick.
- Using a large metal spoon or
spatula, fold both alternately into salmon mixture.
- When smooth and evenly-combined,
transfer equal amounts to 6 glass dishes.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Before serving, top each with a
teaspoon of mayonnaise and shower thickly with nuts.
- Garnish each with a lemon wedge
and grape half.
Made from canned salmon and port, the
result is quite impressive, worth keeping for special occasions.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Fish Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |