Salmon with Cucumber Coleslaw Recipe
Salmon with Cucumber Coleslaw Recipes
cabbage, sliced thinly
plus 1 tbsp extra
sugar, plus 90g extra
onions, thinly sliced
4 x 200g
1 tbsp oil
loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- Cut the cucumber in half
- Remove the seeds with a tsp and
cut the flesh into very thin slices on the diagonal.
- Place in a large bowl with the
- Combine the vinegar, sugar and 1
tsp salt in a small saucepan.
- Simmer until the sugar and salt
- Cool slightly then pour over the
cucumber and cabbage and refrigerate.
- Place the extra sugar and 2 tbsp
water in a small, heavy based saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 5
minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the sugar melts and
turns golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and add the
fish sauce (be careful as if will splatter), remaining vinegar,
spring onion and sambal oelek.
- Season the salmon lightly with
- Heat a large heavy based frying
pan over medium heat, add the oil, and then add the salmon and cook
on one side for 1 minute, or until browned.
- Turn over and cook the other side
for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add
- Turn the salmon to coat thoroughly
in the glaze.
- Add the coriander to the cabbage
mixture, toss to combine and season to taste.
- Place the salmon on top of the
coleslaw and serve with boiled rice.
Ready to eat in 30 minutes
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Fish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |