Champ Cooking Recipe
Champ Cooking Recipes
4 lb potatoes, halved
salt and pepper
3 oz butter
6 fl oz milk
6 spring onions, finely chopped
chopped chives, to garnish
- Cook the potatoes in boiling
salted water until tender.
- Drain well, then put them back on
a very low heat, covering the pan with a clean tea towel, to dry out
- When dry, mash the potatoes with
some of the butter.
- Put the milk in a pan with the
spring onions and bring to the boil.
- Pour the mixture onto the mashed
potato and mix in.
- Do not make the potato too sloppy:
if this does happen, dry it out a little over low heat.
- Spoon the potato into individual
bowls, make a small well in the centre and add the remaining butter.
- Serve garnished with chopped
This butter potato dish makes a tasty
accompaniment to serve with hearty casseroles, joints of meat or fish
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Irish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |