Egg and Bacon Pie Cooking Recipe
Egg and Bacon Pie Cooking Recipes
9 oz ready-made shortcrust pastry
milk, to glaze
1 oz butter
8 oz lean back bacon, rinded and diced
1 onion, chopped
1-2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- To make the filling, melt the
butter in a frying pan and fry the bacon and onion for 5 minutes,
- Leave to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 190C / Gas
- On a lightly floured surface, roll
out two thirds of the pastry and use to line a 8 in flan tin set on
a baking sheet.
- Fill with the bacon and onion.
- Make four wells in the bacon and
- Break 1 egg at a time into a cup,
then place one in each well.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the top
and season with pepper.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to
make a lid, dampen the pastry edges in the tin and cover with the
- Seal the edges well together and
- Re-roll the trimmings and use to
decorate the pie.
- Brush the pastry surface with milk
and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Irish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |