Fish and Potato Pie Cooking Recipe
Fish and Potato Pie Cooking Recipes
1lb cod fillets, cut into pieces
1 oz fine oatmeal
salt and pepper
1 lb potatoes, thinly sliced
1 onion, sliced
6 oz mushrooms, sliced
2 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
1 oz butter or margarine
1 oz plain flour
15 fl oz milk
3 oz Cheddar cheese, grated flat-leaf
parsley sprigs, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190C Gas Mark
- Mix together the fish, oatmeal and
seasoning, until the fish is coated with the oatmeal.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water
for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Place the fish in the base of an
- Arrange the onion, mushrooms, eggs
and tarragon over the fish.
- Cover with the potato slices.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the
flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk and bring
to the boil, stirring, until the mixture thickens.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, remove from
the heat, season with salt and pepper and stir in 2 oz of the
- Pour the sauce over the potatoes
and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45
- Brown the topping under the grill
- Garnish with flat-leaf parsley and
serve with steamed baby vegetables, broccoli, spring cabbage,
grilled tomatoes or sweetcorn, or with a tossed side salad and
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Irish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |