Irish Stew Cooking Recipe
Irish Stew Cooking Recipes
2 lb potatoes, thinly sliced
2 lb best end of neck lamb chops
1 lb onions, thinly sliced
4 carrots, thinly sliced
2 parsnips, halved and thinly sliced
salt and pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 oz butter
thyme sprigs, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190C Gas Mark
- Arrange one third of the sliced
potatoes in a casserole and add half the chops, onions, carrots and
- Season well with salt and pepper
and sprinkle with half the chopped herbs.
- Repeat these layers once more and
finish with a layer of potatoes.
- Pour over 1 pint water, cover with
buttered greaseproof paper (using a little of the butter) and a lid.
- Bake for 90 minutes, then removes
the lid and the greaseproof paper.
- Dot the potatoes with the
remaining butter and cook, uncovered, for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs and
serve hot with soda bread.
While an authentic Irish stew is made with
just lamb, potatoes and onions, the extra vegetables in this version
give added color. For a juicier stew, add 1.25 pints water instead of 1
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Irish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |