Lamb and Onion Pie Cooking Recipe
Lamb and Onion Pie Cooking Recipes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb lamb fillet, cubed
1 onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 large leek, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
1 large cooking apple, peeled and chopped
1 lb potatoes, thinly sliced
5 fl oz stock
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C Gas Mark
7, grease an ovenproof dish.
- To make the filling, heat the oil
in a pan and brown the lamb cubes on all sides.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and
- Add the onion, garlic, leek and
carrots and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the apple and cook for 1
minute, return the meat to the pan and mix well.
- Place half the potato slices in
the base of the dish and cover with half the meat mixture, repeat
- Mix the stock, herbs and salt and
pepper, and pour it over the meat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll
out the pastry 2in wider than the dish.
- Cut a 1 in wide strip from the
outer edge, dampen the rim of the dish and place the pastry strip on
- Lift the remaining pastry from the
rolling pin and lay it over the pie dish.
- Press lid lightly on the rim to
seal, scallop or flute the edges, if wished.
- Roll out the pastry trimmings and
use to decorate the pie, brush with the beaten egg and cut a slit in
the centre to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce
the oven temperature to 180C Gas Mark 4 and cook for a further 45
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Irish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |