Plaice and Prawn Rolls Cooking Recipe
Plaice and Prawn Rolls Cooking Recipes
8 plaice fillets, skinned and boned about
1/4 bunch watercress, trimmed and separated into leaves
1 shallot, finely chopped
salt and pepper
16 cooked peeled prawns
2 oz butter
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp dry white wine
2 tbsp plain flour
10 fl oz fish stock
1.5 oz Cheddar cheese, grated
4 tbsp double cream
dill sprigs and lettuce leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190C Gas Mark
- Lay the fish fillets on a board
and cover each one with a few watercress leaves and chopped shallot.
- Season with salt and pepper, place
2 prawns at one end of each fillet.
- Form into neat rolls and secure
with cocktail sticks.
- Melt 1 oz butter in a frying pan,
add the fish rolls, lemon juice and wine.
- Cover and poach gently for about 3
minutes, until the fish is just tender.
- Lift the rolls into a shallow
ovenproof dish and remove the cocktail sticks, reserve the liquid.
- Melt the remaining butter in a
pan, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the reserved cooking
liquid and the stock.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, then
reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in
the cheese and the cream.
- Pour the sauce over the fish rolls
and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Serve garnished with sprigs of
dill and lettuce leaves.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Irish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |