Raised Pork Pie Cooking Recipe
Raised Pork Pie Cooking Recipes
5 fl oz milk
2 oz lard
8 oz plain flour
salt and pepper
beaten egg, to glaze
1.5 lb sausage meat
8 oz streaky bacon, rinded and chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Heat the milk and lard in a pan
until the lard melts.
- Bring to the boil, mix the flour
and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the hot liquid and beat
with a wooden spoon, then knead for a few seconds to form a silky
- Cover with Clingfilm and leave to
rest for 10 minutes, do not allow it to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 220C / Gas
Mark 4, grease a 2 lb loaf tin.
- To make the filling, mix together
the sausage meat, bacon, onion, mixed herbs and salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry and use to
line the loaf tin, reserving enough pastry to make a lid.
- Spoon the filling into the tin,
cover with the remaining pastry.
- Brush with beaten egg, decorate
with the pastry trimmings.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, until
- Turn out of the tin and serve hot
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Irish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |