Sausage and Cauliflower Pudding Cooking Recipe
Sausage and Cauliflower Pudding Cooking Recipes
1 lb herby sausages
1 onion, chopped
4 oz mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1 large egg, beaten
2 oz breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
1 oz butter
1 oz plain flour
10 fl oz beef stock
- Grease a 2 pint pudding basin.
- Skin the sausages, then mix the
sausage meat with the onion, mushrooms and chives.
- Add the beaten egg and
breadcrumbs, and season with salt and pepper, mix together
- Place some of the sausage mixture
in the bottom of the greased pudding basin, then arrange a layer of
cauliflower on top.
- Continue alternating layers of
sausage mixture and cauliflower, finishing with a layer of sausage
- Cover the pudding basin with
greased greaseproof paper with a pleat down the centre to allow for
expansion and a pudding cloth or foil.
- Boil or steam for 90-120 minutes.
- Just before the pudding is ready,
make the brown sauce.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add
- Cook for 1 minute or until the
butter and flour mixture is slightly brown, stirring constantly.
- Add the stock and bring to the
boil, then reduce the heat and cook, stirring, until the sauce
- Turn out the pudding on to a
warmed serving dish and serve with the brown sauce and a selection
of baby vegetables.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Irish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |