Steak and Mushroom Casserole Cooking Recipe
Steak and Mushroom Casserole Cooking Recipes
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1.5 lb lean stewing steak, cut into cubes
8 oz baby onion
1 oz plain flour
5 fl oz beef stock
10 fl oz red wine
8 oz carrots, sliced
8 oz button mushrooms
1 tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper
1 lb creamed potatoes
chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 170C Gas Mark
- Heat the oil in a flameproof
casserole, add the meat and brown on all sides.
- Remove from the casserole with a
- Add the onion to the casserole and
fry gently until translucent.
- Add the flour and cook briefly,
then remove from the heat and stir in the stock and the wine.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots and
thyme, bring to the boil.
- Return the meat to the casserole
and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 150
minutes, until the meat is tender.
- Pipe a border of creamed potato
around the top of the casserole and serve garnished with chopped
- Serve with steamed runner or green
beans, sprouts or mashed Swede.
Use whole baby carrots instead of sliced
carrots. Add 4oz diced smoked back bacon and 1 crushed clove of garlic
for extra flavor.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Irish Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |