Italian Bean and Tuna Salad Recipe
Italian Bean and Tuna Salad Recipes
350 g cannellini beans
350 g flageolet beans
200 g can tuna fish in brine
salt and pepper
lettuce or chicory leaves
6 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 small onion
12 black olives
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram
- Soak the beans separately in cold
- Drain well and rinse in cold
- Drain, and put the beans into a
- Cover with cold water, bring to
the boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour until
cooked but unbroken.
- Drain the beans well and leave
until just cold.
- Drain the tuna and break into
- Mix with the beans and season well
with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lettuce and chicory leaves
on a serving dish and pile the bean mixture in the center.
- Mix the oil and lemon juice and
pour over the beans.
- Garnish with thinly sliced onion
rings, olives, parsley and marjoram.
- Chill for 30 minutes and serve.
An excellent summer dish which may be a
main course or can be served in small portions as a first course.
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Italy Tuscany Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |