Crab Stick Daikon Roll Japanese Recipe
Crab Stick Daikon Roll Japanese Recipes
dried konbu (kelp)
fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
watercress, to garnish
fresh red chilies
- Slice daikon into very thin rounds
and spread out on a wire rack.
- Dry for 24 hours.
- The next day, soak konbu in warm
water for 10 minutes, then cut lengthways into thin strings.
- Divide each crab stick lengthways
into 2-3 pieces.
- Place a piece of crab stick and
1-2 shreds of ginger on a dried and softened piece of daikon and
- Tie with a string of konbu so that
it won't open up.
- Repeat for remaining ingredients.
- Put all rolls in a mesh bowl or
colander and pour over boiling hot water.
- Drain and set aside.
- If using dried chilies, soak in
warm water for 10 minutes.
- Whether using dried or fresh cut
in half lengthways and remove seeds, then slice diagonally into thin
- Put dashi, rice vinegar, sugar, a
little salt and oil in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and add
- Boil for a few seconds and remove
- Leave to cool.
- Place daikon rolls in a bowl, pour
over dressing and marinate overnight.
- Transfer to a serving dish and
garnish with watercress.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Japanese Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |