Grilled Tofu With Miso Sauce Recipe
Grilled Tofu With Miso Sauce Recipes
sesame seeds for sprinkling
leaves, to garnish
mirin and sugar
- Wrap each tofu cake in a tea towel
and place a light weight, such as a plate, on top to squeeze out
- Leave to stand for at least 1
- To make sauce, put miso in a bowl
and blend in egg yolk, sake, mirin and sugar.
- Place bowl over a saucepan of
- Gradually add dashi and stir until
sauce becomes thick but not too hard, then add lime juice.
- Remove from heat immediately and
cool to room temperature (it will keep well in the refrigerator, if
- Preheat grill.
- Unwrap tofu cakes and cut into 5 x
2 x 1 cm (2 x 3/4 x 1/2 in) slices.
- Skewer each slice lengthways with
2 bamboo skewers.
- Grill them under high heat for a
few minutes on each side until lightly browned and heated through.
- Remove from heat and, using a
butter knife, thickly spread one side with miso sauce.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame
- Grill miso covered side for 1-2
- Serve hot on skewers on a bed of
Serves 4 as a starter.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Japanese Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |