Mackerel Sushi Japanese Recipe
Mackerel Sushi Japanese Recipes
Vinegar Rice :
wedges and cress
ginger slices (optional )
- Place mackerel fillets in a dish,
cover completely with plenty of salt and leave overnight in the
- Make vinegar rice.
- Remove mackerel and rub off salt
with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Carefully remove all bones with
- Wash off any remaining salt with
- Using your fingers, remove
transparent skin from each fillet, leaving silver pattern on flesh
- Place a fillet, skinned side down,
in a wet wooden mould or rectangular container, about 25 x 7.5 x 5
cm (10 x 3 x 2 in), lined with a large piece of cling film.
- Fill gaps with small pieces taken
from the other fillet so the mould is lined.
- Press vinegar rice down firmly
on top of fish with fingers.
- Put the wet wooden lid on, or fold
in cling film, and place on weight on top.
- Leave in cool place (but do not
refrigerate) for several hours.
- Remove from container, unwrap, and
cut into small pieces with a sharp knife, wiping the knife with a
vinegar soaked cloth or paper after each cut.
- Garnish with lemon, cress, and
vinegar ginger slices, if wished.
- Serve with soy sauce handed
separately in small individual dishes.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Japanese Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |