Miso Soup with Chicken and Udon Noodles Recipe
Miso Soup with Chicken and Udon Noodles Recipes
chicken breast fillets, cut into 1.5cm thick strips
wakame flakes or other seaweed
bok choy, halved lengthways
silken firm tofu, cut into 1cm cubes
onions, sliced diagonally
- Soak the mushrooms in 250ml
boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving the liquid;
discard the stalks and thinly slice the caps.
- Pour 2 liters water into a
saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3
minutes, or until almost cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 1
minute, then add the miso paste, dashi granules, wakame and reserved
- Stir to dissolve the dashi and
- Do not boil.
- Add the bok choy halves and simmer
for 1 minute, or until beginning to wilt, then add the noodles and
simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in the tofu and ladle
the hot soup into large serving bowls.
- Garnish with the sliced spring
Wakame is a curly leafed, brown algae
with a mild vegetable taste and a soft texture. It can be used in salads
or can be boiled and served up like a vegetable. Use a small amount as
it swells by about ten times after being cooked.
Ready to eat in 30 minutes
Serves 4 - 6
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Japanese Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |