Snow Pea (Mangetout) and Seafood Tempura Recipe
Snow Pea (Mange tout) and Seafood Tempura Recipes
snow peas (mange tout)
oil for deep frying
rice wine or dry sherry
Japanese soy sauce
finely grated white radish, for garnish
grated green ginger, for garnish
- Shell and devein prawns.
- Skin snapper fillets, check for
bones and cut into strips.
- String snow peas (mange tout) if
- To Prepare Batter: Sift flours and
baking powder into a chilled bowl.
- Beat the egg and water together.
- Pour gradually into flour mixture
and whisk gently to combine.
- Do not over mix.
- Add one ice cube to mixture to
help keep cold.
- To Prepare Dipping Sauce: Combine
dashi, rice wine and soy sauce.
- Heat gently while frying tempura.
- Heat oil to 180oC (350oF).
- Dip prawns, fish and snow peas (mangetout)
into batter one piece at a time.
- Drain off excess batter.
- Cook a few pieces at a time in oil
until light golden in color.
- Drain well on crumpled kitchen
- Arrange decoratively on a serving
- Serve hot dipping sauce in
individual bowls, with 1 tsp grated radish and 1/2 tsp ginger in
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Japanese Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |