grated fresh ginger
Japanese soy sauce
rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp oil
chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
garlic, extra, finely chopped
red capsicum, thinly sliced
onions, thinly sliced
sesame oil white pepper, to taste
drained shredded pickled ginger
- Place the mushrooms in a heatproof
bowl and cover with boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain, reserving 60ml soaking
- Discard the stems, squeeze dry the
caps and thinly slice.
- Combine the crushed garlic,
ginger, Japanese soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and reserved
mushroom soaking liquid in a jug.
- Place the noodles in a heatproof
bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 2 minutes, or until
soft and tender.
- Heat a wok over high heat, add
half the oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the chicken in batches and
stir fry for 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove from the wok.
- Add the remaining oil and swirl to
- Add the extra garlic, mushrooms,
capsicum and cabbage, and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until
- Add the noodles and stir fry for a
further 1 minute.
- Return the chicken to the wok and
add the spring onion, sesame oil and soy sauce mixture, stirring,
until well combined and heated through.
- Season with white pepper and
scatter with the pickled ginger.
This dish is also commonly made using
soba noodles; in Japan it is then called yakisoba.
Ready to eat in 30 minutes
Serves 4 - 6
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price