Curry Puffs Malaysia Recipe
Curry Puffs Malaysia Recipes
oil plus extra for deep frying
garlic, finely crushed
fresh root ginger
green chili, cored, seeded and finely chopped
beef, lamb or chicken
or to taste
leaves, to garnish
- Melt butter with 2 tablespoons
- In a bowl, combine butter mixture
with flour, a pinch of salt and about 6 tablespoons of water to give
a medium soft dough.
- Transfer to a work surface and
knead for about 10 minutes.
- Form into a ball.
- Brush with oil and put in a
- Leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add shallots and fry for 4-5
minutes until browned.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, chili and
- Add meat and cook until pale,
stirring to break up lumps.
- Stir in potato, lime juice, salt
to taste and 2 tablespoons water.
- Simmer gently, covered for 15 - 20
minutes until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Add celery leaves and cook for 2
- If necessary, increase heat and
boil to drive off excess moisture, stirring.
- Knead dough.
- Break off a 2.5 cm (1 inch) piece.
- Form into a smooth ball then roll
to a 10 cm dish.
- Put 2 teaspoons meat mixture along
- Brush edge of dough circle with
water and fold dough over filling.
- Pinch edges together to seal.
- Place, pinched end up, on a plate.
- Repeat with remaining filling and
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in
a wok or deep fryer over medium low heat.
- Place a few curry puffs in the wok
or fryer at one time, so they are not crowded, and fry slowly until
- Turn them over so they cook
- Remove with a slotted spoon and
drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve warm, garnished with celery
Makes about 30.
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Malaysia Cooking Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |