Dressed Pork Loin Chops Recipe
Dressed Pork Loin Chops Recipes
loin chops, each weighing 225 g
25 g lard
onion, peeled and finely chopped
40 g red
or green pepper, finely chopped water
trimmed mushrooms and stalks, washed, wipe dry, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 Grade 2
25 g extra
butter or margarine, melted
- Wash and dry chops.
- Heat lard or margarine in a large
frying pan, add chops and fry over fairly brisk heat until golden
brown and crisp on both sides.
- Remove to a medium sized roasting
- For stuffing, boil the onion and
pepper in water to cover for 5 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly.
- In small basin, combine the onion
and pepper with crumbs, walnuts, mushrooms, salt and beaten egg.
- Mound over fleshy part of chops
then trickle melted butter or margarine over the top of each.
- Cover with foil and cook 3/4 hour
in oven set 400F, Gas 6.
- Uncover and continue to cook a
further 15-20 minutes to brown and crispen the stuffing.
- Serve garnished with watercress.
The dressing in this instance is a
homemade stuffing made from brown breadcrumbs, piled over meaty pork
chops and baked in the oven. A winner with pasta and cauliflower.
Serves 6 - 8
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Pork Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |