Farmhouse Terrine Recipe
Farmhouse Terrine Recipes
10 streaky bacon rashers, rinded
500g pig's liver, coarsely minced
500g lean pork, coarsely minced
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp dry sherry
50g fresh whole meal breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp salt
- Place the bacon rashers on a board
and stretch them with the flat side of a knife, until double theeir
- Line a 1kg loaf tin with the bacon
rashers, arranging them crossways and slightly overlapping along the
length of the tin, allowing the ends to overlap the rim of the tin
on each of the longer sides.
- Place the liver, pork, onion,
garlic, herbs, sherry, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper in a bowl and
stir well to mix.
- Turn the mixture into the
bacon-lined tin and smooth the surface.
- Fold the overlapping ends of the
bacon rashers over the mixture.
- Cover the loaf tin tightly with
foil and place in a roasting tin.
- Pour in sufficient cold water to
come halfway up the sides of the tin.
- Cook in oven, 325F, gas mark 3,
- Remove the foil and cover with
- Place a weight on the wrapped
terrine to compress it.
- Leave the terrine to cool for 180
minutes, then chill overnight, in the refrigerator, still weighted.
- Run a knife around the edge of the
terrine and turn on to a serving plate.
- Serve cut into chunky slices.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Pork Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |