Pork In African Mood Recipe
Pork In African Mood Recipes
1 3/4 kg
spare rib pork chops
margarine or lard
onions, peeled, chopped
celery, scrubbed, chopped
1 - 1 1/2
tsp cayenne pepper (fiery, so reduce for milder flavor)
- Wash and dry chops.
- Remove bones and fat.
- Cut meat into 1" (2.5 cm) cubes.
- Heat margarine or lard in heavy
- Add nuts and fry until light gold.
- Stir in onions and celery.
- Fry 8 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to fry a
further 10 minutes or until ingredients turn golden brown.
- Mix in pork cubes and fry briskly,
stirring for 6 minutes.
- Slice in bananas, stir well with
pork and fry another 6 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil, stirring.
- Lower heat and cover.
- Simmer 3/4 to 1 hour or until meat
is cooked through and tender.
Thickened with bananas and mildly
spiced, this is one of the finest pork dishes we know. Serve it with
rice and a salad of red and green peppers mixed with chopped onions and
enough sharpish French dressing to moisten. Make as above, using 1 to
1.25 kg diced chicken or turkey breast instead of pork. Simmer 30-40
Serves 6 - 8
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Pork Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |