Wine Braised Liver With Chestnuts Recipe
Wine Braised Liver With Chestnuts Recipes
celery, scrubbed, thinly sliced
carrots, peeled, very thinly sliced
onion, peeled, thinly sliced
potato, peeled, washed, diced
275 ml dry
cooked chestnuts (weight after peeling), broken into chunks
2 tsp salt
- Cube liver and soak for 2 hours in
milk to cover to remove any bitterness.
- Pat dry and toss in flour.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan.
- Add liver and fry briskly until
well sealed and golden.
- Remove from pan and leave aside
for time being.
- Add prepared vegetables to pan and
fry until golden.
- Replace liver (with any left over
flour) then mix in wine, water and chestnuts.
- Season to taste with salt and add
- Cook, stirring, until mixture
comes to boil.
- Reduce heat and cover pan.
- Simmer about 35 - 40 minutes or
until liver is tender, stirring from time to time to prevent
- Serve with boiled potatoes and
assorted vegetables to taste.
A hearty offal dish laced with wine and
flavored in a subtle way with chestnuts.
Serves 12 - 14
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Pork Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |