Prawn Rice Noodle Rolls Recipes
shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
drained and chopped water chestnuts
baby corn, roughly chopped
medium prawns, peeled, deveined and roughly chopped
rice noodle rolls
grated fresh ginger
Chinese rice wine
- Heat a wok over high heat, add the
oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and
stir fry for 1 minute, or until soft.
- Then add the spring onion, water
chestnuts, baby corn and prawns.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the
corn is just tender and the prawns are beginning to turn pink, then
remove from the heat.
- Carefully unroll the rice noodle
roll and cut it in half.
- You need two 24cm x 16cm
- Place 1/4 cup of the prawn mixture
along one short end of each rectangle, leaving a 3cm border.
- Fold both sides of the noodle roll
towards the center, then roll up like a spring roll.
- Cover with a damp tea towel and
repeat with the remaining noodle rolls and prawn mixture.
- Line a bamboo steamer with baking
paper, brush with a little oil, then place the rolls in,
- Place the steamer over a wok
filled with simmering water, and steam for 4-5 minutes, or until the
prawns are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the soy sauce,
sesame oil, ginger, sugar and rice wine in a small saucepan and stir
over medium heat to warm through.
- Place the rolls on a platter and
drizzle with the sauce just before serving.
If you can't buy peeled raw prawns, buy
1.3kg and peel them yourself. This will add about 15 minutes to your
Ready to eat in 30 minutes
Serves 4 - 6
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price