Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe
Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipes
red pepper, seeded
green pepper, seeded
1 stick of
grated fresh ginger
garlic, finely chopped
canned, unsweetened pineapple pieces (juice included)
soft brown sugar
- Slice the onion, carrot, pepper,
courgette and celery into thin strips, about matchstick size.
- Top and tail the mange tout, but
- Lightly oil a wok or large frying
pan and place over high heat until almost smoking.
- Add all the vegetables at once,
including the ginger and garlic.
- Using a spatula, stir fry, lifting
and turning constantly, for 3 minute.
- Add the tomato juice, pineapple
pieces and sugar.
- Bring to the boil, stirring
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3
- Remove wok or frying pan from the
heat, but leave stove on at high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the
corn flour, vinegar and water to make a thin paste.
- Return wok or frying pan to the
- Pour in the corn flour mixture.
- Bring to the boil, stirring gently
but constantly, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot or cold with grilled
fish or Skewered Lamb and Vegetables.
No fat, plenty of flavor and
carbohydrate make this a sauce worth knowing about. Its piquant taste
adds something special even to a simple bowl of boiled brown rice or
Serves 4 - 6
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Sauces Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |