Bacon and Turnip Soup Recipe
Bacon and Turnip Soup Recipes
1 oz butter
4 oz smoked bacon, rinded and coarsely
1 onion, chopped
12 oz potatoes, chopped
1.5 lb turnips, chopped
2 pints chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1 small thyme sprig
1/4 pint milk
salt and pepper
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley, to garnish
- Melt the butter or margarine in a
- Add the bacon and cook over a
moderate heat until crisp and golden.
- Remove the bacon with a slotted
spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion, potatoes and
turnips to the pan and fry over a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, bay leaf and thyme.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat
and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until all the vegetables are soft.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf
and sprig of thyme, if desired.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender
or food processor in batches and process until smooth.
- Transfer each successive batch to
a clean saucepan.
- Add the reserved bacon and the
milk and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cook over a moderate heat,
stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes, or until the soup is hot but
- Ladle the soup into warmed soup
plates or bowls, garnish with parsley, if liked, and serve
Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Soup Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
Blog All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |