Bacon and Turnip Soup Recipe
Bacon and Turnip Soup Recipes
1 oz butter
4 oz smoked bacon, rinded and coarsely
1 onion, chopped
12 oz potatoes, chopped
1.5 lb turnips, chopped
2 pints chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1 small thyme sprig
1/4 pint milk
salt and pepper
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley, to garnish
- Melt the butter or margarine in a
- Add the bacon and cook over a
moderate heat until crisp and golden.
- Remove the bacon with a slotted
spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion, potatoes and
turnips to the pan and fry over a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, bay leaf and thyme.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat
and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until all the vegetables are soft.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf
and sprig of thyme, if desired.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender
or food processor in batches and process until smooth.
- Transfer each successive batch to
a clean saucepan.
- Add the reserved bacon and the
milk and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cook over a moderate heat,
stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes, or until the soup is hot but
- Ladle the soup into warmed soup
plates or bowls, garnish with parsley, if liked, and serve
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Soup Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |