Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
Mulligatawny Soup Recipes
2 oz dried tamarind
2 pints beef stock
2 oz butter
1 large onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground fenugreek
1/2 tsp chili powder
1.5 tsp turmeric
1.5 tsp salt
thinly sliced red and green peppers, to
- Put the dried tamarind into a
saucepan, add just enough of the beef stock to cover, then bring to
- Remove the pan from the heat,
cover and leave the tamarind to soak for 4 hours.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based
- Add the onion and garlic and fry
gently for about 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the ginger, pepper, ground
coriander, fenugreek, chili powder, turmeric and salt and fry,
stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining beef stock.
- Strain the tamarind liquid through
a wire sieve over a small bowl, pressing to extract as much liquid
- Add the tamarind juice to the pan
and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning
before serving, garnished with the sliced peppers.
- Serve hot.
#Ads - Get the above cooking ingredients here at discounted price
More Soup Recipes
101 Cooking Recipes |
All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |